Quantcast

Candle Ignites House Fire

By Peter Ambrose

Candle Ignites House Fire

September 13, 2011 Updated Sep 13, 2011 at 6:08 AM EDT

ORLAND, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) - A farmhouse in Steuben County has been damaged in an overnight fire.

Officials say the blaze started around 11PM Monday in an upstairs bedroom of a home on West State Road 120 in Orland.

Firefighters extinguished the flames in about 20 minutes and kept the damage contained to the room. Other rooms took on smoke and water damage.

Four people in the home escaped safely. Investigators believe a candle caused the fire.




What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.