Fort Wayne, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) -- Community Action of Northeast Indiana is making appointments for energy assistance for all of its offices in Allen, DeKalb, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, and Whitley counties.
The program runs November 1, 2011 through May 15, 2012. Applicants must meet income levels:
• One-person household – No more than $16,245 annually.
• Two-person household – No more than $21,855 annually.
• Three-person household – No more than $27,465 annually
• Four-person household – No more than $33,075 annually
• Add $5,610 for each additional family member.
At all locations, you must bring with you:
• Documentation of all household gross income (payroll check stubs, letter from employer, award letters, unemployment income, veterans benefits; TANF; Social Security; pensions, etc. ) for the past 12 months for everyone in the household 18 years of age and older.
• Current heating and light bills at current residence.
• Social Security numbers for everyone in the household.
• Rental Lease or a completed Landlord Affidavit for all renters
• A wage history statement is needed for anyone 18 and older that has not had income for the previous 12 months.
To make an appointment, call CANI at 423-3546 or (800) 589-2264. An online application can be found at www.canihelp.org. CANI will also mail applications if needed.
The Energy Assistance Program helps pay a portion of a client’s heating bills during the winter months. The program also provides air conditioners and utility bill credits during summer months, depending on a family’s situation. Last year, CANI helped more than 14,000 families with their utility bills.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.