FORT WAYNE, Ind. (21Alive) -- A home in the 4300 block of SW Anthony Wayne Dr. was damaged by fire Wednesday around 4:30 p.m.
Firefighters arrived on the scene to find fire coming out the door and the windows on the first floor. It was determined that the fire started in the kitchen when a pan of grease was left on the stove.
It took crews about a half an hour to bring the blaze under control. The house did sustain heavy fire, smoke, and water damage.
Two people inside evacuated themselves before fire crews arrived, but a dog did perish.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.