12-Year Old Found Dead Inside Home (VIDEO)

By Chris Smurr - 21Alive
By Rachel Martin - 21Alive

June 29, 2014 Updated Jun 29, 2014 at 11:40 PM EDT

KOSCIUSKO COUNTY, Ind. (21Alive) – The body of a 12-year old Syracuse boy was found dead inside his home.

Skyler Spore was found not breathing inside his home just after 3:45 p.m. Saturday.

Investigators say two gas powered generators were running inside the house at the time he died.

Family members claim their power was out, and the generators were in a ventilated basement.

Authorities suspect the boy died from carbon monoxide poisoning, but cannot confirm the generators played a role.

An autopsy will be performed at the Northeastern Forensic Center in Fort Wayne.

What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.