Get a serving of tasty veggies in this comforting Zucchini Corn Bread Pie. Our Test Kitchen team outdid themselves creating this super go-along to enjoy with main dish favorites like stew, chili and more!
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
• 2 medium zucchini, quartered and thinly sliced
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 (8.5-ounce) package cornbread & muffin mix
• 1/2 cup reduced-fat finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with cooking spray. Coat a skillet with cooking spray.
2. Heat skillet to medium heat. Saute zucchini and onion 3 to 4 minutes, or until zucchini is crisp-tender; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together evaporated milk, eggs, and salt. Stir in muffin mix just until combined. Add zucchini mixture and 1/4 cup cheese; mix well, then pour into prepared pie plate and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into wedges and serve.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Bread/Zucchini-Corn-Bread-Pie#ffqDFqAeLLjeSJcF.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.