This lip smackin' Two-Step BBQ Chicken goes easily from our oven to our grill for a smoky flavored, moist and juicy way to have perfectly cooked barbecued chicken from the inside-out.
Cooking Time: 55 min
• 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 cup barbecue sauce
• 1 cup honey
• 1 chipotle pepper in sauce, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Place chicken on baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with salt and black pepper on both sides.
3. Cook 45 to 55 minutes, or until no pink remains.
4. Preheat grill to medium heat. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Brush chicken with barbecue sauce mixture and grill 5 minutes. Turn chicken, brush again with sauce, and grill 5 additional minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear.
• Weather not cooperating or just don't feel like using the grill? No problem! Simply slather this sauce on the baked chicken and place under the broiler for a few minutes, just until it begins to caramelize.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.