There's more than one way to get leftovers out of a whole turkey, and our recipe for homemade Turkey Frame Soup will take advantage of every part of our turkey. Think of it as an eco-friendly recipe you'll love.
Cooking Time: 1 hr 40 min
What You'll Need:
• 1 leftover turkey frame
• 12 cups chicken broth
• Leftover pan drippings, if available
• 2 to 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
• 2 to 3 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch chunks
• 2 onions, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 to 3 cups leftover chunked turkey
What To Do:
1. In a soup pot, combine all ingredients except the turkey. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, then simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
2. Stir in the turkey, let simmer 10 minutes, then serve.
• You can add some cooked egg noodles to make this an even heartier soup.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Soup-Recipes/Turkey-Frame-Soup#cXtil0BaDmBW1puM.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.