Some recipes are just treasures, and none has been more popular around the Mr. Food Test Kitchen than this one for chicken. Aptly named Treasure Chest Chicken, it is a combo of unexpected flavors and textures that takes your taste buds to faraway lands.
Chilling Time: 4 hr
Cooking Time: 55 min
• 1/4 cup dried apricots, cut into strips
• 2 tablespoons dried oregano
• 2 tablespoons capers, drained
• 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
• 1/4 cup light brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine all ingredients except chicken; mix well.
2. Add chicken to bag, seal, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight, turning bag over occasionally.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken skin-side up in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
4. Bake uncovered 55 to 60 minutes or until no pink remains, basting occasionally with pan juices. Serve topped with pan juices.
• This is great served hot or cold.
• You can also marinate the chicken in a glass baking dish. Just be sure to turn the chicken occasionally during the marinating process.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.