Imagine the treat for your senses, when you bite into our taste bud pleasing melt-in-your-mouth Traditional Baking Powder Biscuits. This old favorite shouts comfort!
Cooking Time: 10 min
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
• 1 cup milk
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add shortening and beat with an electric mixer on low speed 2 to 3 minutes. Add milk and mix about 1 minute, or until dough is formed.
3. Place dough on lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Pull dough apart into 12 equal pieces and drop pieces onto baking sheet, distributing evenly. Brush with melted butter.
4. Bake 10 to 13 minutes, or until golden. Let cool slightly, 2 to 3 minutes, then remove from baking sheet and serve immediately.
• Special thanks to the U.S. Navy and to the Naval History and Heritage Command in Washington, D.C. for assistance with background information for this segment.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.