Even if you’ve had a great Reuben Sandwich before, we urge you to try our version of The Ultimate Reuben...as it’s truly a cut above the rest. Whether you cook it in a slow cooker or on the stovetop, this scrumptious open-face sandwich will have all eyes smiling, Irish or not!
Cooking Time: 1 min
• 1 (3- to 4-pound) corned beef, cooked according to package directions (See Note)
• 6 slices potato or rye bread
• 3/4 cup Russian dressing, divided
• 1 (27-ounce) can sauerkraut, well drained
• 6 slices Swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. While corned beef is still warm, slice thickly across grain.
3. Place bread on a baking sheet and evenly spread each slice with half of Russian dressing. Evenly top each with sauerkraut, corned beef, remaining Russian dressing, and a slice of Swiss cheese.
4. Broil 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.