Just a few southwestern-style seasonings are the start of a marinade that’ll turn ordinary top sirloin steak into exciting Texas Gold Steak Skewers. Best part? Rain or shine, on a grill pan or out on your grill these’ll cook up just fine.
Chilling Time: 1 hr
Cooking Time: 5 min
• 1 cup olive oil
• 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
• 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, stems removed
• 4 garlic cloves
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 pounds boneless top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
• 36 (6-inch) skewers
1. In a food processor or blender, combine olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; process until marinade is chunky.
2. Thread one piece of steak onto each skewer. Place in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and pour marinade over steak; cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and cook steak on skewers 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
• These can also be cooked on the grill.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.