Who would guess that those inexpensive packages of Asian-style ramen noodles could be so versatile? Our delicious Stovetop ChickenNoodle Parmigiana cooks up all in one skillet, so it’s quicker and there’s the bonus of less clean-up.
Cooking Time: 15 min
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1/2 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/2 pounds total)
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
• 1 1/2 cups water
• 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, cut in half
• 2 (3-ounce) packages ramen noodles, broken up (Reserve seasoning packets for another use)
• 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Place egg in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
2. Dip chicken in egg then bread crumbs, coating completely.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 5 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains, turning halfway through cooking. Remove chicken to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
4. Add remaining ingredients, except cheese, to skillet. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until noodles are tender.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low and return chicken to skillet, placing it over noodles. Sprinkle chicken with mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is warmed through.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.