Looking for a lighter version off traditional Fettuccine Alfredo? Well you’ve found it with our Skinny Mini Fettuccine. Packing lots of creamy-rich flavor, this one just might pleasantly surprise you.
Cooking Time: 15 min
• 1 cup skim milk
• 1 tablespoon buttery spread
• 1 (6-ounce) package low-fat processed cheese
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for sprinkling
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 8 ounces spinach fettuccine
1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine all ingredients except fettuccine. Whisk until cheese is melted and sauce has thickened.
2. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain and toss with sauce. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Note: For the low-fat processed cheese, our Test Kitchen used 8 wedges of Laughing Cow. However, any brands are fine.
A tasty and light broccoli side is a great go-along with this delectable pasta dish.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.