Ever wonder why the iced tea at a restaurant always seems to taste crisper and more flavorful than your version at home? Well, there is a simple secret to how that happens and we’re sharing it in our recipe for Secret Ingredient Iced Tea.
Cooking Time: 25 min
• 10 cups water, divided
• 1/8 teaspoon baking soda (See Note)
• 7 tea bags
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 1 lemon, thinly sliced
• Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, bring 5 cups water to a boil over high heat. Stir in baking soda and tea bags; remove from heat, cover, and let steep 15 minutes.
2. Remove and discard tea bags. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add remaining water and the lemon slices. Pour into 1/2-gallon container and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours, or until chilled.
3. Serve over ice in tall glasses and garnish with mint, if desired.
• Using baking soda in this recipe is no mistake. It removes any bitterness from the tea, leaving us with a smooth and flavorful drink.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cold-Beverages/Secret-Ingredient-Sweet-Iced-Tea#yoBmzkqw4FkJSKib.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.