Who would guess that one of our favorite soft drinks would be the secret ingredient to these tangy and delicious Saucy Cola Meatballs? They make for crowd-pleasing appetizers!
Makes: about 30
Cooking Time: 50 min
What You'll Need:
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
• 2 tablespoon water
• 1 small onion, finely chopped, divided
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 cup ketchup
• 1 1/2 cups cola (one 12-ounce can)
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine ground beef , bread crumbs, water, half the onion, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Form into 1-inch meatballs and place in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients, including remaining onion; mix well. Pour mixture over meatballs. Cover with foil.
4. Bake 25 minutes, remove foil, and continue cooking 25 to 30 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through and sauce is thickened.
The delicious sauce from these cocktail-size meatballs shouldn't go to waste, so be sure to have some Cheese Bread or rolls on hand for sopping!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Saucy-Cola-Meatballs#xzbVDeOpd5p2geLp.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.