This rainbow of colorful salad fix-in's stacks up to be an easy summer main dish salad. With a variety of fresh-tasting ingredients from our market refrigerator and freezer section, Rainbow Stacked Salad is super for entertaining.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Chilling Time: 2 hr
• 1 cup plain lowfat yogurt
• 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
• 1 (10-ounce) package ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
• 1 head romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped
• 1 (12-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
• 6 to 8 plum tomatoes, chopped
• 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen fully cooked chicken breast strips, thawed
• 1 (12-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
• 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, chives, and ranch salad dressing mix; mix well, cover, and refrigerate.
2. In a large glass bowl, layer half the lettuce then all the corn, tomatoes, chicken, peas, and remaining lettuce. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
3. Toss with dressing just before serving.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.