Our Test Kitchen shares the easy secret to rolling up a sheet cake jelly-roll style into this yummy Pumpkin Spice Roll. The creamy filling swirls contrasted with the pumpkin-colored cake make for an eye-catching autumn dessert!
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
• 1 cup pumpkin puree
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
• 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 stick butter
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a rimmed 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in pumpkin and eggs. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and invert onto a clean kitchen towel that has been sprinkled with 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar. While cake is still hot, roll it up in the towel jelly roll-style from the narrow end; cool on a wire rack. When cool, unroll cake and remove towel.
4. In a small bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and remaining confectioners' sugar. Spread onto cooled cake and immediately re-roll (without towel). Place on serving platter and refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into slices just before serving.
• To give this the final touch, sprinkle on some confectioners' sugar just before serving.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cakes/Pumpkin-Spice-Roll#BhLKy18PlIXWqkcd.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.