Bet you won’t be able to stop reaching for our melt-in-your-mouth novel Potato Chip Cookies. These slightly sweet, slightly salty, butter cookies make for the perfect marriage of two favorites.
Makes: 4 dozen
Cooking Time: 20 min
• 2 cups (4 sticks) butter, softened
• 1 cup sugar
• 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed potato chips
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Slowly add flour and vanilla until well blended. Stir in potato chips; mix well.
3. Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Using a fork, flatten each cookie.
4. Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until light golden around edges. Let stand 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
• If you’d like, after cooling, sprinkle the cookies with confectioners’ sugar or drizzle with melted chocolate. To make melted chocolate, in a small microwaveable bowl, simply melt 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening 45 to 60 seconds in the microwave, or until melted and smooth when stirred together.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cookie-Recipes/Potato-Chip-Cookies-from-Mr-Food#0fcJlC3gbtQvAkzz.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.