Forget chicken and steak tonight. Our savory Pork Roast Marsala is so mouthwatering and tender, you won't think twice about making it again and again!
Cooking Time: 45 min
What You'll Need:
1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
1 (3-pound) center-cut single pork loin, trimmed
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped (about 3 cups)
1 onion, chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
3/4 cup Marsala wine
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
What To Do:
1) In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add pork and brown on all sides; discard excess liquid.
2) Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onions are tender. Stir in chicken broth, wine, tomato, and thyme; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 30 to 35 minutes, or until pork juices run clear. Remove pork to a cutting board.
3) In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch; mix until smooth. Add to sauce, stirring until thickened and well combined.
4) Slice pork into 1/4-inch slices and place on a serving platter. Pour sauce over slices before serving.
- Marsala wine is readily available, but if you want you could use your favorite type of wine (except sweet) instead.
- Since you won't want to waste a drop of this yummy sauce, serve with mashed potatoes.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.