Bake sales are wonderful fundraisers for causes close to our hearts, and these melt-in-your-mouth ribbon-shaped Pink Ribbon Cookies were created especially with Breast Cancer Awareness events in mind. Even if you aren't having a bake sale, these sugar cookies are great for sharing.
Chilling Time: 2 hr
Cooking Time: 10 min
What You'll Need:
• 2 sticks butter, softened
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 (16-ounce) container vanilla frosting
• 1 to 2 drops red food color
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat 1 to 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and beat 2 minutes, or until well blended.
2. Form dough into 2 balls; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. On a lightly floured work surface, using a rolling pin, roll 1 ball of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a ribbon cookie cutter or a knife, cut ribbon shapes out of dough (see photo). Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are golden around the edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. In a medium bowl, combine frosting and red food color; mix well then frost cooled cookies.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cookie-Recipes/Pink-Ribbon-Cookies#eTUbI5ObCmWUeYX6.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.