Everything old is new again, and that goes for the gelatin mold. Our no-mold required refreshing and creamy Pineapple Citrus Cream Squares are easy to serve and bring along too!
• 2 (4-serving-size) packages lemon-flavored gelatin
• 2 cups boiling water
• 1 cup cold water
• 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, with 1 cup juice reserved
• 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
• 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
• 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cold water, reserved pineapple juice, and orange peel; mix well. Chill 15 to 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Stir in pineapple and carrot. Pour into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Chill 1 hour.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and spread evenly over pineapple gelatin mixture.
3. Cover and chill at least 4 hours, or until firm.
When ready to serve, garnish with orange slices.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.