This recipe for Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches is the closest version you can get without taking a trip to the City of Brotherly Love! This traditional Philly Cheese Steak recipe will surely win you raves!
Cooking Time: 10 min
• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
• 2 large onions, thinly sliced
• 1 1/4 pounds beef top round, thinly sliced (see Note)
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 4 hoagie rolls, split
• 1 cup Cheez Whiz, melted
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, and saute 10 minutes. Add onions, and saute 5 to 7 minutes, or until onions are tender. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover, and set aside.
2. Add beef to skillet and sprinkle with black pepper; saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until no pink remains in beef. Return peppers and onions to skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
3. Place mixture over hoagie rolls, drizzle with melted cheese, and serve immediately.
The easiest way to get thinly sliced beef top round is to ask the meat cutter at the supermarket to do it for you.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.