A triple burst of tangy citrus is in every bite of our Orange-Glazed Chicken Bundles. This restaurant-worthy main dish looks and tastes like a million bucks, but only you’ll know how simple it was to pull off.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
1 (6.2-ounce) box wild rice
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1-1/2 to 2-pounds total), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup orange marmalade
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Cook rice according to package directions; let cool 10 minutes. Stir oranges into rice and set aside.
3. Sprinkle chicken breasts evenly with salt and pepper. Top each breast with a heaping tablespoon of rice. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
4. In a small saucepan, combine marmalade and orange juice (do not heat it) and lightly brush mixture onto chicken rollups. Reserve remaining mixture for later use.
5. Bake chicken 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
6. Heat remaining sauce in saucepan on low 5 to 7 minutes, or until hot; drizzle over chicken rollups. Evenly sprinkle almonds on top; serve immediately.
Instead of orange juice, feel free to substitute an orange liqueur for a more sophisticated flavor.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.