In salute of the Summer Olympics in London, our Test Kitchen came up with a special recipe, popular at British Pubs worldwide. Whether for game-watching or anytime, our flavorful Olympic Pub Steak Sandwiches will earn you a gold medal in the kitchen!
Cooking Time: 25 min
• 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
• 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 large onion, thinly sliced
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
• 2 (8-ounce) strip steaks
• 2 crusty hoagie rolls, cut in half horizontally
1. In a small bowl, combine blue cheese, 1 tablespoon butter, and garlic; mix well and set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter; add onions and salt and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove to a dish and set aside.
3. Press peppercorns into both sides of steaks. In the skillet or on a griddle pan, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium doneness. Slice steaks across the grain and distribute evenly on hoagie roll halves. Top with onions and blue cheese mixture; serve immediately.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Sandwiches/Olympic-Pub-Steak-Sandwiches#8oujZJmGKbsbT66X.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.