You don't need to be a professional chef in order to get professional chef flavor. Not Martha's Potato Tart tastes so good and is super easy to make, you won't even break a sweat.
Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
1/4 cup olive oil, divided
1 1/4 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper for sprinkling
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 cups baby spinach leaves
3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup diced ham
What To Do:
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with olive oil.
2) Arrange a single layer of potato slices over bottom of pie plate; lightly brush with olive oil. Place half the onions in a thin layer over potatoes, then season with salt, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon thyme. Top with half the spinach leaves and 1 cup of cheese.
3) Place a second layer of potatoes over cheese, pressing down gently. Lightly brush with olive oil. Continue with remaining onions, salt amd pepper, thyme, spinach, and 1 cup cheese.
4) Place a final layer of potatoes on top and gently press down. Lightly brush with oil and top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with ham.
5) Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until potatoes are brown and cooked through. Let stand 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.