Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine beef, chopped onion, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper; stir well. Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties 5 minutes on each side. Remove patties from skillet, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Set patties aside.
- Over medium-high heat, cook mushrooms and sliced onion in drippings 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring constantly. Add broth and Worcestershire sauce to skillet. Return patties to skillet; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove patties from skillet with a slotted spoon; place on a platter and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch; stir well. Add to broth mixture and bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Spoon over patties and serve.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.