This special family recipe is being shared by Howard in the Test Kitchen, in honor of his favorite “Aunt Ruthie” who always brought these melt-in-your-mouth muffins home from work. He and the team created a version that matches the original to a tasty “T!”
Cooking Time: 25 min
• 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
• 2 eggs
• 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 pint fresh or 1 (12-ounce) package frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 6-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups and coat with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 1-1/4 cups sugar and the butter until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; beat well. Add milk and vanilla, and beat until thoroughly combined. Mash 1/2 cup of the blueberries and stir into batter.
3. In a medium bowl, toss the remaining blueberries with the remaining flour. Fold into batter and spoon into baking cups, distributing batter evenly. Sprinkle tops with remaining sugar.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
• This will make 6 jumbo muffins or 12 cupcake-size muffins.
• One recipe=2 great tastes! Use this recipe to make chocolate chip muffins by replacing the blueberries with 1 cup chocolate chips.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Bread/My-Aunts-Blueberry-Muffins#1E7ootdcv7agHcx5.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.