This incredible pound cake is one in a million. That's why we call it our Million Dollar Pound Cake! Made from a few basic ingredients you probably always have on hand, this pound cake recipe surely takes the cake!
Cooking Time: 1 hr 40 min
1 pound butter, softened
3 cups sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Makes about 1/2 cup
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter; gradually add sugar, beating with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Gradually add flour alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour and mixing well after each addition. Mix in almond and vanilla extracts.
4. Pour batter into pan and bake 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes then remove to a wire rack.
1. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice with a wire whisk until smooth.
2. Drizzle over cooled Million Dollar Pound Cake, or almost any cool or room temperature cake or cookies.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.