Everyone loves French toast, so why not take it across the border and put a tasty twist on it? Our Mexican French Toast breaks with tradition for a novel brunch-worthy version of this favorite breakfast treat.
Cooking Time: 20 min
• 2 eggs
• 1/3 cup milk
• 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
• 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
• 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
1. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until well blended.
2. Cut each tortilla into quarters then place in egg mixture. Gently stir to completely coat tortillas. Allow to soak 10 minutes, or until softened.
3. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add 4 tortilla quarters and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden, turning halfway through cooking. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with remaining butter and tortillas. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.
• Either fresh or thawed frozen strawberries are the perfect topping, along with real maple syrup.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pancake-and-Waffle-Recipes/Mexican-French-Toast#QSCMc7Fj6r1vvSUY.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.