Our easy Split Pea Soup pressure cooker recipe makes lightning quick work of the tastes of a long-cooked thick and hearty split pea soup. To enjoy every last drop team it with our homemade Parsley Garlic Rolls.
Cooking Time: 25 min
What You'll Need:
• 1 (16-ounce) package split peas
• 1 pound boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
• 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
• 2 celery stalks, cut into 1/4-inch slices
• 1 small onion, diced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon vinegar
• 6 cups water
What To Do:
1. Place all ingredients in a 6-quart pressure cooker; mix well. Lock the lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce heat to low and cook 10 minutes.
2. Cool cooker at once by placing under cold running water. When pressure is completely reduced, remove lid and bay leaf; stir and serve immediately.
• If using an electric pressure cooker, set timer to 10 minutes on soup setting or refer to owner's manual for specific instructions.
• Don't have a pressure cooker? No problem! Place all ingredients in a large stock pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally until peas are tender.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Soup-Recipes/Lightning-Quick-Split-Pea-Soup#78q7ibWhUqTsByvR.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.