No more boring potato salad if we give it a taste of Italy! Our Italian Potato Salad is hearty enough to be a meal in itself, or the perfect deli salad go-along to any of our favorites.
Cooking Time: 20 min
• 6 Idaho potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch cubes
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 3/4 pound hot Italian turkey sausage, cooked and thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted red pepper
• 1/2 cup chopped red onion
• 1/4 cup pitted Italian black or kalamata olives
• 1/2 (10-ounce) bag fresh spinach
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes 8 to 10 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain, place in a large bowl, and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
3. Add remaining ingredients to potatoes, pour dressing over mixture, and stir gently until evenly coated. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
• If spicy isn't your thing, feel free to use sweet Italian turkey sausage instead of the hot sausage.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.