This diner-worthy recipe for Homemade Chocolate Cream Pie is so easy you won't believe it. Who wouldn't want to take the credit for making a sinfully rich chocolate cream pie so get going and try it.
Chilling Time: 9 hr
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
• 1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
• 2/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
• 3 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 1/4 cups cold milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 pint (1 cup) heavy whipping cream
• 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
1. Bake the pie shell according to package directions in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate; let cool.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the granulated sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into pie crust and chill 1 hour.
3. In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, combine heavy cream and confectioners' sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Spread evenly over pie, cover loosely, and chill 8 hours or overnight before serving.
• You can substitute 2 cups whipped topping for the homemade whipped cream.
• To make this look extra special, just before serving, top with shaved chocolate or sprinkles.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pie/Homemade-Chocolate-Cream-Pie-from-Mr-Food#O7ujjDHVSG5lKTz2.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.