This hearty country chili is so loaded with flavor it'll be in your starting lineup for football season and any time of the year, really. Kick off the Fall season with a bowl of this Hillbilly Chili and you'll be saying, "OOH, IT'S SO GOOD!!"
Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 (15-1/2-ounce) cans pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 8 slices cooked bacon, coarsely crumbled
What To Do:
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute onions 5 minutes. Add ground beef, salt, and pepper and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink. Drain off excess liquid.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 50 to 60 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings, like Cheddar cheese and sour cream!
- Around here we just love all kinds of chili. Give our Vegetable Chili a try -- it's so hearty and delicious, you won't miss the meat!
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.