This southern-style sweet onion tart that we call Grandma Bell’s Onion Tart is a tasty go-along for a weeknight meal, or it will do you proud when you have company!
Cooking Time: 1 hr
What You'll Need:
• 1 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake pie shell, thawed
• 3 tablespoon butter
• 3 sweet onions, thinly sliced
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon paprika
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake pie shell 8 to 10 minutes, or until light golden; set aside.
2. In a medium skillet over high heat, melt butter. Add onions and saute 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and saute 2 to 4 additional minutes, or until tender. Place in pie shell.
3. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, dry mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well and pour over onions. Sprinkle with paprika.
4. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until sides and crust are golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into wedges and serve.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Vegetables/Grandma-Bells-OnionTart#MlrK7EvFPqSRt2dO.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.