Mmm...what could add more flavor to a juicy beef roast than fresh garlic that cooks from the inside! This easy main dish is sure to add a wow-factor to your next dinner party.
Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 min
• 1 (3 to 3½ pound) beef eye of round roast
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
• 8 whole garlic cloves, peeled
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a long, thin knife, carefully make a horizontal slit through the center of roast. Twist knife gently to make a 1/2-inch hole. (The hole doesn't have to stay open on its own because it's going to be stuffed with garlic.)
3. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil . Sauté garlic cloves 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring often. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (including remaining oil) except the roast; mix well and set aside.
5. When garlic is cool enough to handle, push cloves into hole in center of roast until they fill hole. Rub oil mixture over entire roast and place in an 8-inch square baking dish.
6. Roast 60 to 75 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in center indicates 160 degrees F for medium, or until desired doneness.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Garlic-Roast-1423#h2Lq04Z21uBV3C6O.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.