Spanish rice is a popular Mexican and southwestern USA dish that can be enjoyed as a main dish or a go-along. Our beefed up version of Garden Spanish Rice is sure to hit the spot when the gang comes home hungry.
Cooking Time: 30 min
• 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
• 1 onion, coarsely chopped
• 2 (14-ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, not drained
• 2 cups water
• 1 1/4 cups long-grain rice
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
1. In a soup pot, brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid.
2. Add remaining ingredients except the zucchini; bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Add zucchini and continue cooking 10 additional minutes, or until rice is tender.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.