Why buy store-bought Italian-style pesto sauce when it’s so easy to turn out our own freshly made basil pesto sauce in a blender or food processor? This recipe for Fresh Pesto Sauce is so versatile, you will make it again and again.
Makes: 1 1/2 cups
• 2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
• 1 cup olive oil
• 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1/2 cup pine nuts or walnuts
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Use immediately, or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
• This is super on cooked pasta, chicken or fish.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.