Mother Nature should surely give our Fresh Garden Pasta her special "thumbs up." Made with lots of fresh garden veggie chunks and healthy, flavorful ingredients, this one’s a keeper.
Cooking Time: 30 min
• 1 cup olive oil, divided
• 6 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 5 large plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
• 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
• 2 summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
• 1 small onion, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
• 8 ounces whole grain angel hair pasta
• 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix well. Stir in tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and onion until evenly coated. Place in a single layer on rimmed baking sheets.
3. Bake 30 minutes, or until tender.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a large serving bowl. Add roasted vegetables and juices from pan; add basil and toss gently until evenly blended. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
• Feel free to substitute some of your other favorite veggies, like carrots or bell peppers.
• A crispy, warm garlic bread would be a great go-along to this fresh and tasty dish -- great for sopping up every last bit of the delicious sauce!
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.