Every Friday we could always count on Mr. Food bringing in delicious bread to the office. This French Toast Souffle was one of his favorite things to make.
Cooking Time: 45 min
What You'll Need:
• 14 to 16 slices hearty white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 10 cups)
• 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
• 8 large eggs
• 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat milk
• 2/3 cup half-and-half
• 1/2 cup maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
1. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place bread cubes in baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, beating well after each addition. Add milk, half-and-half, maple syrup, and vanilla; mix until smooth.
3. Pour cream cheese mixture over top of bread cubes, cover, and chill for at least 2 hours, or as long as overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove dish from refrigerator and let stand for 20 minutes. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until set. Sprinkle souffle with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
• Serve with additional warmed maple syrup, if desired.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pancake-and-Waffle-Recipes/French-Toast-Souffle#1c2uSWHKmfEh1bTi.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.