With a hint of cinnamon and sugar on the outside, and a creamy filling on the inside, our mini French Toast Rollups are the perfect make-ahead, portable breakfast!
Yields: 24 rollups
Chilling Time: 2 hr
Cooking Time: 10 min
• 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 cup sugar, divided
• 24 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, egg yolk, and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth; set aside.
2. Roll out each bread slice with a rolling pin. Spread cheese mixture over bread, distributing evenly. Roll up each slice jellyroll-style and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
3. In a shallow dish, combine remaining 3/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Brush butter over rollups then roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, until completely coated. Repeat with remaining rollups, placing them on the baking sheet after coating.
4. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours.
5. Just before serving, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake rollups 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden.
• Rollups will keep in the freezer up to two months prior to baking.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.