Sometimes you want something rich and fudgy and our Flourless Chocolate Torte is just what you've been looking for. One bite, and you'll be in dessert heaven!
Chilling Time: 8 hr
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
2 (8-ounce) packages semisweet baking chocolate squares, chopped
1 cup butter
2 tablespoons coffee liqueur or 2 tablespoons strong coffee, chilled
8 large eggs, separated
1 1/2 cups sugar
Raspberry sauce and whipped cream for garnish
What To Do:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
2) In a large saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate and butter; cook and stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in liqueur; cool slightly.
3) In a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites just until stiff peaks form. In another large bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar at medium speed until thick and pale. Fold one-third of chocolate mixture into yolk mixture. Gently fold in one-third of egg whites. Fold in remaining chocolate mixture and egg whites. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4) Bake 30 minutes, or until edges are set (center will not be set). Remove from oven and gently run a knife around edge of pan to release torte. Cool to room temperature in pan on a wire rack.
5) Cover and chill 8 hours. Remove sides of pan and place on platter. Serve with raspberry sauce and whipped cream.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.