What a novel way to quickly get a company fancy dinner on the table. Creating an almond-flavored liqueur sauce, makes our Fast Amaretto Shrimp atasty tempter.
Cooking Time: 10 min
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
• 1/3 cup amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
• 1/3 cup sliced almonds
• 2 teaspoons sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
1. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add amaretto, almonds, sugar, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper and stir until sugar dissolves.
2. Add shrimp and cook 3 to 5 minutes, just until pink. Serve immediately.
• We like to serve this over wild rice so that we can savor every last bit of the amaretto sauce. Mmm mmm!
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.