Whether you elect to choose one or both of these all-American-style favorite comfort food dishes, you'll always come out a winner. Enjoy the stick-to-your-ribs version of Obama's favorite White House Chili or Romney's novel Glazed Meatloaf Cakes.
When it comes to winning recipes, we vote for both of these! Try both of these amazing recipes:
What’s the secret ingredient to turning out President Obama’s favorite chili recipe? It’s that tangy splash of red wine vinegar! Enjoy White House Chili at your house, just as the Obamas are said to like it; over rice with all the go-alongs!
Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 green bell pepper, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 pound ground beef
• 2 tablespoons chili powder
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1/4 teaspoon ground basil
• 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 3 large tomatoes, chopped
• 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
• 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
What To Do:
1. In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add onion, green pepper, and garlic and saute 5 minutes, or until soft. Add beef and continue cooking 5 to 6 minutes, or until meat is browned.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, or until tomatoes are cooked down.
This is equally delicious served as-is or over white or brown rice. Any way at all, we recommend putting out the usual go-alongs like shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped onion, and sour cream.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Chili/White-House-Chili/ct/1#uYohxMigL9JM0iIb.99
During those busy days of campaigning, Mitt Romney was surely longing for his favorite recipe for Glazed Meatloaf Cakes. The tasty twist to this comforting main dish is in the special sauce that’s drizzled over it!
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
• 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 4 slices raw bacon, chopped
• 3 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 2 teaspoons milk
• 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese
• 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 egg
• 1/3 cup ketchup
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except ketchup and brown sugar; mix well. Form into 6 patties and place on prepared baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, mix ketchup and brown sugar; brush tops of patties with mixture.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until no pink remains, or to desired doneness beyond that.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Glazed-Meatloaf-Cakes/ct/1#oTHLTYlPgUlIuLHo.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.