Drink in the exciting flavor when you add a bit of tropical tasting rum to our "Drunken" Chicken recipe. This lively easy main dish meal suits a weeknight as well as company!
Cooking Time: 30 min
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 ¼ pounds), flattened to ½-inch thickness
• 1/4 cup light rum
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
• 1 cup cream of coconut
1. Place chicken in a single layer in a 9- x 13-inch glass baking dish; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine rum, nutmeg, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, crushed red pepper, and ginger. Mix well and pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes, turning once.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Remove chicken from marinade reserving excess marinade, and saute chicken until cooked through and golden. Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
4. Add mushrooms and reserved marinade to skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in cream of coconut. Cook sauce over low heat 5 to 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened; serve over chicken.
• Feel free to substitute 1 to 2 tablespoons of rum extract for the rum.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Chicken/Drunken-Chicken-1403#AHsuETR2U73KaoCf.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.