Our Test Kitchen put an easy spin on the popular Chicago-style “deep dish pizza” and this is the tasty result. Anyone can make our Deep Dish Pizza Casserole and everyone will love it!!
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1 (15-ounce) can chunky Italian-style tomato sauce
• 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
• 6 (1-ounce) slices mozzarella cheese, divided
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray .
2. In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain, if necessary, and return to skillet. Add tomato sauce and cook until heated.
3. Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough, and press into bottom and halfway up sides of prepared baking dish (see Notes). Line bottom of pizza crust with 3 slices mozzarella cheese . Top with meat mixture.
4. Bake, uncovered, 12 minutes. Top with remaining cheese slices and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
• Make sure to push the pizza crust up the sides of your baking dish so the delicious pizza filling will bubble up inside the crispy crust.
• Like you pizza with toppings? Maybe add pepperoni or crumbled, cooked sausage for extra taste!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pizza/Deep-Dish-Pizza-Casserole#v3dHYlSFTQOZgfie.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.