This awesome homemade ice cream novelty is always ready to serve, lickity split. Packing all the tastes of a banana split in an easy-to-slice loaf, Decadent Banana Split Slices are perfectly portioned to keep on hand to reach for one by one!
• 1 1/2 quarts chocolate or vanilla ice cream, softened
• 1 cup chopped walnuts
• 1 cup coarsely chopped cherries
• 3 bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
• Hot fudge to garnish
• Whipped cream to garnish
1. Line a 5- x 9-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
2. In a large bowl, combine ice cream, walnuts, cherries, and bananas; mix well. Spoon into prepared pan, pressing down to mold to pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 8 hours or overnight.
3. Invert ice cream onto cutting board and remove plastic wrap. Cut into 9 slices and wrap individually. Keep frozen until ready to serve, then unwrap and top with hot fudge and whipped cream.
• Feel free to make a lighter version by using frozen yogurt or a lighter ice cream. Same goes for the toppings!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Frozen-Dessert-Recipes/Decadent-Banana-Split-Slices#2w7gGIUu0uXvVeya.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.