This recipe was under lock and key with our test kitchen supervisor for years. It was a family recipe and she finally did share it with us. So, here you go. Make sure you let us know how you like it in the recipe comments below.
Chilling Time: 6 hr
Cooking Time: 10 min
What You'll Need:
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
2 (4-serving-size) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
3 cups milk
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
What To Do:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, flour, and 3/4 cup nuts. Press mixture into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
3) Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until a firm crust forms; let cool.
4) In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until thickened; set aside. In another medium bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and half the whipped topping; mix well.
5) Using a wet table knife, spread cream cheese mixture over top of cooled crust. Spoon chocolate pudding mixture over top of cream cheese mixture then top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle remaining walnuts on top.
6) Cover and chill overnight, or at least 6 hours. Refrigerate any leftovers.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.