Why are our Classic Mashed Potatoes the best ever? Simple, extra-creamy and easy, they cook up fresh in a snap and team with all your favorite comforting main dishes.
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
• 3 pounds Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
• 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
1. Place potato chunks in a large pot and add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender; drain well.
2. In a large bowl, combine potatoes and remaining ingredients; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip:
• Store Idaho potatoes in a cool, dark and well-ventilated place. They will keep for about a week at room temperature and for several weeks at 45 to 50 degrees.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/Classic-Mashed-Potatoes-123#efm5qfWyd2SYalTx.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.