This rich and decadent Chocolate Mousse Cake really looks like it came from a bakery, so you might just have a time of it convincing everyone you made this yourself. But when you tell them how easy it was, they’ll surely want the recipe!
Chilling Time: 6 hr
Cooking Time: 10 min
What You'll Need:
• 3 cups finely crushed chocolate graham crackers
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
• 2 eggs
• 4 egg yolks
• 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
• 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
• 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
1. In a medium bowl, combine crushed graham crackers and butter; mix well. Press into a 9-inch springform pan, covering bottom and sides to form a crust. Chill until ready to use.
2. In a small bowl, beat eggs and egg yolks; set aside. In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Slowly add egg mixture, quickly whisking until well blended. Remove from heat; set aside to cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
4. Fold whipped cream into the slightly cooled chocolate mixture until well blended. Spoon into prepared crust; cover and chill at least 6 hours, or until firm.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cakes/Chocolate-Mousse-Cake-101#QZTHKWyCHcja3oET.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.