Take a no-bake shortcut and build a fancy looking and tasting dessert torte from store-bought frozen pound cake frosted with healthy chocolate hazelnut spread. Shhh...no one has to know how easy it was!
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
What You'll Need:
• 1 (16-ounce) frozen pound cake
• 1 (13-ounce) jar chocolate hazelnut spread
• 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1 cup heavy cream
What To Do:
1. Horizontally slice frozen pound cake into 4 layers. Place bottom cake layer on a cooling rack over a baking sheet. Spread with a thin layer of chocolate hazelnut spread, then place another cake layer on top. Repeat with remaining layers and spread.
2. Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cream to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate chips and stir until mixture is smooth. Let cool 15 to 20 minutes, or until ganache begins to thicken slightly.
4. Starting at one end, slowly pour ganache over entire cake until well coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
• Chocolate hazelnut spread can usually be found alongside the peanut butter in most supermarkets.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cakes/Chocolate-Hazelnut-Torte-2014#DEr4VdU0HtcrXOer.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.